What are Safe Email Practices?
- Don’t open email attachments unless you know what they are.
- Don’t open, forward or reply to spam or suspicious emails; delete them.
- Be aware of sure signs of scam email.
- Not addressed to you by name
- Asks for personal or financial information
- Asks you for password
- Asks you to forward it to lots of other people
- Don’t click on website addresses in emails unless you know what you are opening.
If your computer gets a virus:
- Your computer may become infected with a virus that can spread rapidly to other people’s computers.
- You may lose some or all of the information on your computer and on the shared folders on the server. Files will have to restored from the last known backup and any changes after that will be lost.
- Your computer could be used as a “base of operations” for sending spam, downloading illegal internet content and more.
Remember It is always better to be safe than sorry.